
Here's some of what we brought to contribute to the church pot 'providence', yesterday. We have a nice church kitchen with a couple of ovens, so I usually bring dough along, and bake the rolls during the morning service. Yesterday I filled the rolls with pulled pork (and a bit of sauce made from the pan juices, mustard, and a touch of barbeque sauce), and zhuzhed up some shredded carrots with a dressing, the ingredients for which I threw into a bucket as we hurried out the door on Sunday morning. 'Bucket dressing': olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic (lots...), lemon, sea salt, pepper, red pepper, and brown mustard, oh, and a touch of sweet (honey or maple syrup or agave nectar). I use this type of dressing on most salads. Sometimes I change out the white wine vinegar for red and skip the lemon, or leave out the mustard---though I do really love spicy mustard, so it generally stays...

***

Olivia played two pieces in a piano recital held in our church sanctuary later in the afternoon. A Bach menuet and a prelude by Chopin. Lovely pieces, beautifully played. It was a very nice time of listening to all of Miss Ana's students (and to Miss Ana, herself).


Two uncles, occupying (and quieting) a busy little Greta during the recital.

photographers and their 'bipods'. :-)
Auntie Livi with Greta Rose, sweet-faced in the church kitchen
4 comments:
Those are some pretty handsome "bipods"! :)
looks like fun!
~Emily
Your children are all so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing a peek into your Sunday. I love your church, what beautiful light and beautiful windows.
How many times can I use the word beautiful in a comment? hmmm, oh I forgot to add Greta is beautiful as well!
I cannot get over how grown up and beautiful Livi looks in this last photograph. Two sweet faces that I want to love on!
I miss your blogging!!!! :)
Oh My Goodness! That's Olivia???? Weren't we just there a few months ago? Always lovely, but something so peacefully growing-up about her. Awwwwww. I miss you all! :-) Hope little Greta had a very happy first birthday! love, pam
Post a Comment